Supporting Marriage Mentors
Marriage mentors have a unique privilege of walking alongside another couple, offering encouragement and support that moves them towards a more healthy, happy and Christ-like relationship. Whether you are a pastor, ministry leader, professor or counselor, our goal is to equip you with the insights, tools and resources that you need to make an impact on marriages in your churches and communities, and ultimately on the kingdom of God.
The Biola University Center for Marriage and Relationships offers training opportunities for marriage mentoring including:
Marriage Mentoring Workbook and Video Series
(Now Available in English and Spanish)
The Marriage Mentoring Workbook and supplemental Video Series provide an interactive roadmap to guide couples through the foundational aspects of building a strong and intimate marriage based on biblical wisdom and scholarly insight. Relationship experts Dr. Chris Grace, Dr. Tim Muelhoff and Alisa Grace translate insights from leading marital researchers into fun, easy-to-understand principles and practical application exercises.
The time you're investing is a worthwhile endeavor. Studies reveal that more than 80 percent of couples who go through marriage mentoring develop happier and stronger relationships with their spouses. So whether you are mentoring your own marriage or coming alongside someone else, Marriage Mentoring will show you how to draw closer, connect deeper and stay in love longer. Now is the time to start your marriage mentoring journey today!
The Workbook includes:
- 8.5” x 11”, perfect bound, 71 full-color pages
- An introduction to the purpose of marriage
- An introduction to the purpose and definition of marriage mentoring
- 12 instructional and homework sessions covering foundational marital topics
- Assessments, questionnaires and exercises woven through the sessions and appendix
- A guide to using the workbook with another couple
- A guide to recognizing the cycle and signs of abuse
- A guide to knowing when and how to refer for professional help
- Available in English and Spanish
Download a PDF sample to get a feel for the workbook before you buy.
The Video Series includes:
- 12 wisdom-packed video lectures, each taught by a biblical expert and marital expert, providing additional foundational truths from Scripture integrated with the latest in marital research.
- Each video session is designed to supplement the complementary session in the workbook with additional research, biblical background and insights.
Marriage Mentoring Training
We will provide marriage mentoring conferences and seminars designed to equip individuals and couples in leadership, including pastors, ministry leaders and experienced couples who are growing in their own marriages and would like to invest in the lives of less experienced couples. Our training includes a 12-session workbook that provide insights, tools and resources for helping mentors address important issues including communication, conflict management, family backgrounds, sexual intimacy and spiritual intimacy. We frequently host marriage mentor training conferences at Biola University. To find out more information on the next one, visit out events page! We also host these training conferences at churches around the country. Are you interested in having us visit your church? Email us at email@example.com.
Online Media Resources
Our goal is to equip you for mentoring, coaching and counseling by providing biblical and scholarly resources on marriages and relationships through our blogs, videos and assessments. We also offer free access to relevant educational content including class sessions, conferences, chapels on YouTube. To access our newest resources, blogs, or podcast episodes, visit our blog.